/How to apply
The deadline international applicants is February 1.
The deadline for domestic applicants is February 1.
To apply, you must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of professional work experience in one area of media production.
Applicants must submit the following materials with your online application:
- A focused Letter of Intent defining:
- a) Your area of media expertise,
- b) Two media areas you propose to explore in our program,
- c) An explanation of why you are applying to the MFA in Communication Media Arts.
- Additional details might include:
- d) The cognate area you are considering outside of production
- e) Faculty members that you wish to work with during your course of study
- f) Explanation of your teaching experiences to date
- g) Additional insights into your graduate and professional intentions
- Three letters of reference, sent by the references separately.
- Curriculum vita or resume, which should include any and all teaching experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating professional excellence in one particular media production area. All links to your portfolio pieces should be submitted in a single document, accompanied by a 100-200-word description of your role in the project(s). This can be submitted as a link in the online application system.
- All students whose native language is not English, and who do not have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the United States, are required to demonstrate English language competency by achieving an adequate score on the IELTS: International English Language Testing System or TOEFL: The Test of English as a Foreign Language.
- Current minimum score requirements is a TOEFL of:
- Old Score: 600
- New Score: 100
*Applicants are not required to take the GRE.
- To apply, you will need to:
- Submit completed application materials
- Pay the application fee
- Arrange for two official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended to be sent to the Graduate College at Ohio University
- Apply online at the Graduate Services site: (www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply/)
Only applicants who have submitted all materials will receive consideration. A campus visit prior to the application deadline is strongly recommended. Applicants are usually notified of admission decisions by March 15.
Contact Graduate Director Eric Williams (Eric.Williams.firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information, questions or alternative portfolio submission options.